Michael Hurcomb has a shot saved
Michael Hurcomb has a shot saved

Chipstead 3 Whitstable Town 1

Ryman Football League Division One (South)

Tuesday 10th November 2015

Whitstable Town sunk to the bottom of the table on Tuesday evening as they sunk to a humiliating 3-1 defeat at fellow relegation threatened Chipstead on Tuesday evening.

It was the hosts who were first out of the blocks with their first chance on two minutes when Charlie Carter fired over the bar. After sixteen minutes Savas Panajiotiou broke through the Whitstable defence and slotted the ball into the net to give Chipstead the lead. Whitstable had to wait until 19 minutes for Sam Bewick to have the first effort as he attempted to loop the ball over Chipstead keeper Milan

Kieron Campbell gets Town's consolation
Kieron Campbell gets Town’s consolation

Stojsavljevic but the ball went over the bar. Chipstead then had another opportunity on 31 minutes as Steve Belencourt fired a header just on top of the bar. With ten minutes to go before the break Whitstable had two chances. First Bewick hit a shot just wide from distance and then a Michael Hurcomb header was denied by Stojsavljevic.

Town did start the second half on the attack as Kieron Campbell shot wide but Whitstable were two behind on 47 minutes as Derek Tieku tapped the ball in as the Whitstable defence seemed to go to sleep. Town did show some fight as Campbell burst into the Chipstead penalty area and slotted the ball home on 53 minutes. However Chipstead were to restore their two goal lead as Tieku headed the ball in at the near post. Town then seemed to rally as they were denied a number of times by some excellent goalkeeping from Stojsavljevic. Firstly on 64 minutes he saved well from Connor Heffernan and then did the same from Ira Jackson. Whitstable keeper Dan Eason was then on hand to save well from Panajiotiou. However it was

A Josh Algar attempt
A Josh Algar attempt

Stojsavljevic who went on to save well as he tipped over a shot from Campbell and then saving from Kareem Boyle. Town did press but could not break through as Chipstead held onto their two goal lead.

It was a dismal night for Town sinking them deeper into trouble.

Team: Eason, Cameron Heffernan (Boyle 58mins), Wraight (Robinson M 79 mins), Keyte (Algar 55mins), Punton, Cheek, Jackson, Bewick, Hurcomb, Connor Heffernan, Campbell.