Marcel Henry-Frances puts in Town's first
Marcel Henry-Frances puts in Town’s first

Whyteleafe 4 Whitstable Town 2

Ryman Football League Division One (South)

Saturday 24th October 2015

Whitstable Town came back from a two goal half deficit before finaling going down 4-2 at Whyteleafe on Saturday afternoon.

Whitstable started the brighter of the two teams however it was Whyteleafe who had the first opportunity on three minutes when Roscoe Dsane fired a long range shot over the bar. Town’s first chance came on six minutes when Scott Heard attempted to loop the ball over Leafe keeper Bailey Vose but the ball cleared the cross bar by some way. Town were now looking the better side as Connor Heffernan hit a speculative shot wide and then Ira Jackson blasted a shot from the right also wide. The game was

Ben Kitcherside saves well
Ben Kitcherside saves well

becoming end to end with hosts left back Nathan Simpson firing wide and then Daryl Colman turned and shot over the Whitstable bar.  On 25 minutes, Kieron Campbell fed Josh Algar but the ball was sent over the bar. Within two minutes Whytelefe took the lead as a quick free kick caught Whitstable off guard and Dsane stroked the ball home. A couple of efforts followed for Leafe with one from a header from Vernon Francis and the other a shot from Colman which both went wide.  On 38 minutes Connor Heffernan forced an excellent save form Vose as he pushed a long range shot around the post. On 44 minutes there was more woe for Whitstable as Louis Hollingsworth rose above the Town defence to head in from a corner to increase the hosts lead.

Town started the second half purposely and pulled a goal back on 49 minutes when a cross from Cameron Heffernan was turned in at the near post by Marcel Henry-Frances. Town keeper Ben Kitcherside was then forced into an excellent save from a shot from Dan Moody and then again saved well from Dsane on 63 minutes. Town were level on 66 minutes when a Heard ball into Jackson saw the Town

Ira Jackson get ready to fire home second
Ira Jackson get ready to fire home second

midfielder blast in from the edge of the area. However Town were sunk by two goals in three minutes as firstly on 71 minutes Sam Clayton broke through to fire past Kitcherside and then on 74 minutes Hollingsworth got his second as he rose again above the Town defence to head home the goal that sealed the points. Town did continue to look to get back into the game as Campbell hit a long range shot that again forced a save from Voce. One more chance for Whyteleafe saw Ike Robertson-Feehi fire over and then Town had one more chance when Campbell slid the ball into Cameron Heffernan who put out a foot but the ball went just wide.

Although there were signs of improvement in Town’s performance, it still resulted in no points as Whyteleafe held on for all three.

Team: Kitcherside, Heffernan Ca, Bewick (Hurcombe 89mins), Gray, Dickenson, Heffernan Co, Heard, Algar (Keyte 72mins), Henry-Frances (Smith 55 mins), Jackson, Campbell.