Bromley clear their lines
Bromley clear their lines

Bromley 4 Whitstable Town 0

Kent Senior Cup 2nd Round

Tuesday 1st December 2015

Whitstable Town put in a creditable performance in the Kent Senior Cup on Tuesday evening as they were beaten 4-0 by a very strong Bromley side who put out virtually their first team.

In fact the first opportunity came for Town after just a minute as Travis Jackson fired well over the bar. Bradley Goldberg was to do the same at the other end three minutes later. The National League side were to take the lead on nine minutes when Alex Wall slotted a shot past Town keeper

Travis Jackson breaks down the left
Travis Jackson breaks down the left

Dan Eason. Bromley were too increase their lead on 22 minutes when Wall got his second slamming a bullet free kick into the top of the net. On half an hour Charlie Smith broke through for Whitstable but his attempt was pushed wide by Bromley keeper, Chris Kettings. Eason was on hand to keep the score at two as he saved from Goldberg and then denied Reece Prestedge seven minutes later. Just before half time Sam Conlon forced a save out of Kettings.

Town had the first attack of the second half as Bewick, after 54 minutes, had a shot blocked but within a minute Alex Wall got his hat trick when a ball from Paul Rodgers found him and the Bromley striker fired home from close range. Eason, who made a number of great saves was at his best again when he saved from Goldberg and then two minutes later Rodgers should have done better as he found himself one on one with Eason but got tangled up before he could get a shot away. Bewick was then to have a shot from long range but that was collected easily by Kettings. Town were still creating chances as Bewick fired in a shot that was blocked and the rebound found Conlon who fired wide. Goldberg then put the “icing on the cake” for Bromley on 78 minutes as he weaved into the Town penalty area and fired home for Bromley’s fourth.

Despite the score line, Town had put up a good performance with a number of player cup tied or injured.

Team: Eason, Edwards, Skinner, Algar, Punton, Sayer, Conlon, Bewick, Smith (George 79mins), Hurcomb (Ongui 56mins), Jackson T