Gareth Cornhill back in the side

Whitstable Town 0

Corinthian Casuals 2

1st December 2012

Ryman Football League Division One (South)

A poor second half from Whitstable led to a 2-0 defeat in the bottom of the table clash at a very chilly Belmont ground on Saturday afternoon.

Micheal Everitt going forward

Whitstable did start well and should have taken the lead after six minutes when Scott Heard sent in an accurate cross to Stuart Vahid.  When it looked easier to score Vahid sent his shot ballooning over the cross bar. A minute later Nick Shaw covered well to save from the first Casuals attack. In the 21st minute Jamie Byatt hit a shot that Shaw again saved.  Two minutes later Heard again sent a shot in that was well saved by visiting keeper Danny Bracken. He did well again when he blocked another cross from Heard.  After 27 minutes Nicky Southall, floated the ball over the bar from a free kick from 25 yards and another opportunity for the hosts passed by.  After 39 minutes Town striker, Vahid went down with a damaged shoulder and was replaced by Buster Smissen.  A minute later another opportunity for the home side as George Crimmen drove in a shot which was well parried by the keeper. It came back to Smissen who sent the ball towards Damian Abel but before he could make the most of it Maddie Nsubuga knocked the ball away to relieve the danger.  Town should have been well ahead at half time but went in on level terms.

Damian Abel tries to break

The second half was only four minutes old when Casuals took the lead when a far post header from defender Joe Hicks was fired home from a free kick. This seemed to deflate Whitstable and the visitors began to take control. Town did have couple of opportunities but  a 50th minute header from Heard dipped just over the bar and a header from Sean Raggett went straight at the keeper.  The game seemed to be taken totally out of Town’s reach when after 68 minutes David Hodges sent a shot from the left hand side finding the far corner to seal the points.  There was little more real goalmouth action for the last 20 minutes and the game was over with Casuals deservedly taking all three points.

Team: Shaw, Cornhill, Crimmen, Everitt (Guilla 45mins), Harvey, Raggett, Southall, Morrish, Vahid (Smissen 39mins),Abel (73 mins) Heard