We are delighted to announce the re-signing of former Whitstable striker Stuart King from Faversham Town. Stuart was part of the side that won promotion to the Ryman League before moving on to Herne Bay. He also had spells with Folkestone Invicta and Maidstone United. Stuart, who is a prolific goal scorer will come straight into the squad for the game against Tooting & Mitcham United on Saturday. The deal which was kindly facilitated by Eddie Glover at Faversham Town is likely to involve a move of Kieron Campbell to Faversham Town.
Bognor Regis Town, Heybridge Swifts and Whitstable Town are the Ryman League’s first performance kings of 2016.
Thanks to all who purchased Raffle Tickets this year and all who have donated the prizes.
The results of the New Year Raffle are as follows:
- Two Tickets to a Major Motor Sports Event at Brands Hatch (Value c’£300) to include Full Hospitality courtesy of racingevents.info
01243 – Sam Clark-Keen
- Accompany the Management & Team (During a Home Fixture), be involved inside the Match Day Changing Room; be presented with a Replica Team Shirt & Signed Match-Ball, courtesy of Dean at Pain & Glory Sports (The Official Team wear Supplier to the Club)
01599 – Andy Brooks
- For the Motorist TWO New Tyres with Wheel Balancing (up to the value of £100) courtesy of D&J Tyres Kings Rd Garage, Herne Bay.
01314 – Les
- VIPs for the Day: Four Adult Tickets for One Match, with Boardroom Access & Facilities, Meet the Players, Photographs with the Team Skippers…..You get to chose the Man of the Match & present the bottle & again be pictured doing so!
00192 – Diane T
- ‘A Tradesman For The Day’: Labour only….Valid for 12 Months….25 Mile Radius of the Belmont….No Cash alternative, courtesy of…. A S Bruce Builders & Maintenance Contractors
01468 – Dean Grant
- Two Tickets at Gillingham FC
01382 – Reiss Crimmen
- One Adult Season Ticket (Current Value £150) for 2016/17
00128 – Anne Gregory
- Free Entry for One Person to All remaining fixtures at The Belmont for this current Season
00009 – Ron Martin
- New Years Hamper, courtesy of Peter Blackmore
00137 – Mary-Jane (Buttercups)
We are delighted to announce that we now have a life saving Defibrillator on site, courtesy of long term supporter John Judge coupled with the support through The FA and the British Heart Foundation.
The Defibrillator will be sited in the clubs Medical Room, which can be accessed via the Club Administration Office.
Another very kind gesture, thank you so much John although of course we hope we never have to use this.
The 25 year old has also had spells with Dover Athletic, Folkestone Invicta (loan), Margate, Ramsgate and Herne Bay. He is the first signing for Wayne Wilson and Ian Cox with a number of other in the pipeline.
The Club is delighted to announce that Wayne Wilson & Ian Cox have been appointed as Joint Managers of Whitstable Town FC with immediate effect.
Having received two dozen applications from as far afield as the Potteries & Northern Ireland prior to the closing date of Saturday, the ‘Board’ met quickly having shortlisted three potential candidates each of whom proved very credible and equal with the objective of preserving the clubs Ryman League status the main focal point.
However, it was Faversham Town Club Captain (and midfield maestro) and former Margate ‘caretaker Manager’ Wayne Wilson (whom has played in excess of 350 Ryman League games in addition to playing pro football) alongside Ramsgate Head Coach Ian Cox; whom himself is no stranger to the non-league scene and of course International football having played for Trinidad & Tobago in the 2006 World Cup.
Town Chairman, Gary Johnson, had been quoted as saying that the Club required an experienced &knowledgeable individual with character, Steel and contacts; well Johnson and his Board have two vastly experienced persons in Wilson & Cox to lead the Oysters away from the foot of the table to the security within Step 4 of the National Pyramid.
Johnson commented: ‘The three shortlisted candidates each in turn illustrated desire and passion, it really was a close run case in the appointment of Wilson & Cox; but the Board voted unanimously’ in this their third managerial Appointment of the season. He went on to add ‘ Wilson & Cox have already highlighted immediate targets to join the Oystermen and if they pull these signings off then there is no reason why the Town cannot rise at last’.
Richard Langley recently stepped into the breach and in very difficult circumstances has held the fort until yesterday’s appointment; indeed it is expected that he will lead the team in tonight’s Kent Snr Cup tie at Home to Bromley whilst Wilson & Cox cast their eyes over the youngsters of the Town. Johnson said ‘The Club are indebted to Richard Langley, a thoroughly professional coach who has once again been a safe pair of hands’.
Wayne Wilson commands respect whilst Ian Cox has the pedigree to match; both staking their reputations in joining the club at such an important time and with exactly half the season to go (23 fixtures). Wilson added ‘you can’t have a bad game working hard’ and so their search for talent begins.
The Club would like to thank all unsuccessful applicants for their interest.
Congratulations to Wayne & Ian on their appointment; we believe they have the character, guile and the necessary contacts.